Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Anchor Robyne Robinson Leaving News Desk for Jewelry Line at ShopNBC

Via TwinCities.com


After 20 years with KMSP-TV, Fox 9, anchor Robyne Robinson is leaving the station to focus on her ROX Minneapolis jewelry line. The first African-American to anchor a local primetime newscast, Robinson is also part of the longest-serving nightly anchor news team in the Twin Cities with her co-anchor of 14 years, Jeff Passolt. Her last day with Fox 9 is May 26.

With her ROX line growing, Robinson said making the decision to leave Fox 9 is a bittersweet one.

"I had to make a decision between two lovers, basically," Robinson said on Tuesday night. "I've been in TV close to 30 years. I know TV. I'm good at TV. I will always love TV. But I've got to address this now or I'll always wonder if it could have ever been anything."

Her jewelry is sold in stores from New York to Santa Fe and recently, Robinson, 48, got her jewelry into the hands of pop star Beyonce. She's also got a deal in the works with ShopNBC and is trying to break into the Los Angeles market.


Click Here For More Home Shopping News ------>